Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mirrored

     Have you ever had that moment, where you catch yourself saying something or doing something, and you think... "wow that is totally something my mom would do."? You know what is even more terrifying? When something your child does or says reminds you of yourself... like, the ugly side of yourself.  Recently this has been happening a lot with Esther.  It really is like looking at a mirror all day.  Most of it makes me smile and its cute... but sometimes, it is horrifying.  It is a humbling experience, and one I hope I don't forget soon; but most of all I hope I can learn from it.  When your looking in a mirror you can see the stray hair, or smudge of dirt and you can fix it.  I pray that I will react in the same way when I see my reflection in Esther.

No comments:

Post a Comment