Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Baby Binky Dragons

    So time has sorta whizzed by, and I realized I never updated our adventures with the binky dragons.  After our fun time rescuing the girls binkies from the binky dragons (story here), I found the girls randomly playing swords and dragons for weeks! During this time I worked hard on making a pair of baby binky dragons for the girls. I made a green dragon and of course pink dragon using a pattern by Stephanie of All About Ami (pattern found here ). I added my own touches, crocheting pieces that she used felt for.  I figured the felt wouldn't hold up with their rough play.


    I couldn't wait to give them their little baby binky dragons, but I wanted to do it in a fun way.  I found my plastic Easter eggs (a pink and a green one) and hid them in plain sight for the girls.  We played Binky Dragon's and chased the dragon's away, I then asked if they could see something in the mirror.  Confused they asked me why there were colored eggs up there.  The only conclusion was obvious.  The Binky Dragons had giving us a peace offering.  I explained to the girls that the eggs were not ready yet (I was still finishing the last touches to my amigurumis).  I told them to build a nest for the eggs, so they could stay nice and warm while they get ready to hatch.


They found a doll blanket and a Christmas tin and put the eggs inside.  we but them up high like a nest in a tree, and waited...  about every hour or two they checked... It was an extra pressure to get them done! Finally I had them finished and set up the "hatching".  I excitedly told the girls to come downstairs and this is what they saw:

    The Girls have been sleeping with their Baby Binky Dragons ever since.  And it has become one of their favorite toys, and one of my favorite memories.  The girls have figured out how to get to the spatulas and wooden spoons themselves.  It is now normal to find the play area with a few "swords" as evidence of their dragon adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment