Monday, February 25, 2013

Energy Bar Recipe

     For the last month or so, I have been enjoying homemade energy bars for breakfast.  I discovered the recipe idea on Dr Oz, and adjusted the recipe to what I enjoy.  I'm amazed by how much energy I have from the morning to late afternoon! and it is the perfect treat when I crave something sweet, but without cheating on my diet. 

    Energy Bars
*1 cup of oats
*1/4 cup shredded coconut
*1/2 cup of Raisins and/or chopped nuts (I love peanuts and almonds)
*1/2 peanut butter
*1/3 cup of Honey
*1 tsp of Vanilla
*1 tbs of unsweetened coco
*dash of Cinnamon

Mix well and then flatten onto a cookie sheet to desired thickness.  Refrigerate for a few hours or over night. cut into bars and wrap them up individually in cling wrap.

These are so easy for the on the go mom! No preservatives and 100% healthy for you. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment