Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Roasted Veggie and Sausage Stew

     It's been a bit since I last posted.  I can't seem to find enough time to think, let alone write down and post.  The terrible twos are here, and my seven month old just figured out how to crawl.  I'm one busy mama!
     So I came up with my own recipe! completely made it up! I'm so proud of myself.  So I had never roasted vegetables before, so I decided to be adventurist!

ROASTING
*set your oven on broil.
* cut cauliflower into small florets, and chunks. toss them with some olive oil and lay them on a pan with tinfoil.
* Rub down three or four tomatoes with olive oil and place them on a pan, as well as some peppers of your choice (I like to use one orange pepper and one poblano pepper).
* take some whole garlic, cut off the end and place on tinfoil.  Drizzle with Olive oil and crinkle the tinfoil up so the garlic is not exposed.
*throw the pans in the oven for 35-45 minutes, turning the peppers half way through (the peppers should turn black)
* when removing the peppers, place them immediately into a sealed container or zip lock bag to steam for ten minutes.  After ten minutes, peel off the black skin.

ROASTED VEGGIE AND SAUSAGE STEW
*Throw roasted veggies and a sprig of fresh thyme, into a blender and blend to desired texture, throw into a soup pan.
*brown some sausage in a large skillet, after browned, add a onion and fresh mushrooms.
*After the onion and mushrooms are soft and sausage is nice and browned, add an ounce or two of red wine simmer until the wine is almost gone, then add to the soup pan along with two to four cups of chicken stock.
*salt and pepper to taste, and let simmer for 20 minutes and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment